8 oz. brown sugar
11 oz. white sugar
2 oz. cocoa powder
1 quart heavy cream
3 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
12 oz. white bread, diced
11/2 cups white and brown sugar, blended
Fresh blackberries, raspberries, strawberries (quartered), blueberries
1) Combine the brown sugar, white sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl. Mix to distribute the cocoa evenly. Add eggs and mix well.
2) Bring the heavy cream to a boil. Reduce heat and add the bittersweet chocolate; stir until melted.
3) Slowly pour the hot cream into the egg and sugar mixture; whisk thoroughly.
4) Pour the mixture over cubed bread and gently fold to incorporate.
5) Divide mixture into dishes and bake in a water bath at 300 degrees Fahrenheit until set.
6) Chill, then dust liberally with the blended sugars and caramelize with a brulée torch (available at most specialty cooking stores).
7) In a separate bowl, combine a liberal amount of honey and Grand Marnier with berries.
8) Serve finished bread pudding with vanilla ice cream and the macerated berries.