Mango coconut shrimp ceviche
By Chef Omar Collazzo of Nipper’s Beach Grille // photo by Agnes Lopez
1 lb. shrimp juice from 2 lemons juice from 3 oranges juice from 4 limes 2 oz. white rum 1 mango, diced 1/2 c. diced red onion 1/2 c. diced red pepper 1/2 cup diced jicama root 1/2 cup diced cucumber 1 bunch cilantro, diced 1 habañero pepper, diced 1 T. sugar 1 c. coconut milk 1 t. cumin 1 T. salt
1. Cut shrimp into small bite sized chunks and reserve.
2. Squeeze juices into a bowl and remove seeds.
3. Add cut shrimp to citrus juices, mix together and cover mixture with plastic wrap.
4. Place mixture in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours to allow the shrimp to “cook” in the citrus juices overnight.
5. Add coconut milk, fresh herbs, fruit, fresh vegetables and seasonings.
SERVES 4 TO 6