1 c. rice wine vinegar
½ c. water
1 c. sugar
½ c. corn syrup
1 T. salt
3 T. fresh finely chopped garlic
4 T. chili garlic sauce
½ c. hoisin sauce
2 oz. ground ginger
½ c. fresh finely chopped garlic
2 oz. sesame oil
½ c. white wine
4 lbs. flank steak, beaten with a meat tenderizer
1. Combine first seven ingredients in a pan over high heat.
2. Bring to a boil, then simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
3. Add hoisin sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and white wine, allow to cool.
4. Pour the mixture over the flank steak in a sealable bag or container and allow to marinate for 24 hours.
5. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat and let steak come to room temperature. Remove from the marinade and grill for 4-6 minutes per side, depending on thickness of meat.
6. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice at an angle and serve with steamed rice and mixed greens.